Click here to sign up on SignUpGenius
Volunteer Position: Christian Education Group Leader
Purpose and overview:
We include a Christian Education Program as a part of After-School Program on Wednesdays. The format is the same as the Tues/Wednesday program, with Christian Education replacing the Creative Play time.
We will pick up students at Riley Elementary School at 2:40pm and at Griffin Middle School at 3:40pm on Wednesdays. We will have snacks from arrival, homework/tutoring from 3:30 - 4:30pm for elementary school students, Christian Education 4:30 - 5:30pm for all students, dinner at 5:30pm, and departure at 6:00pm.
We need Christians of any denomination to come help us with the Christian Education Program. We will have a theme for the semester and the children will be divided into small groups by grade with no more than five children in a group with their group leader (that’s you!). Group leaders will sit with their group to help them stay focused during story time and worship and will help them with their crafts.
If you have any questions before signing up, please contact Elizabeth Crowe, Director of Children's Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you sign up, she will contact you to discuss details of the program.
Location: The Episcopal University Center at FSU, 655 W. Jefferson Street
Schedule: Group Leaders needed Wednesdays from 4:30 - 5:30pm
Volunteers welcome to stay for dinner.
Key responsibilities of Group Leaders:
- Sit with your group and help them stay focused during story time and worship
- Help children with arts & craft project (material/directions provided)
- Stay with assigned children through all aspects of the program
- Help leaders as needed
- Sign in and out each time you are here and fill in feedback sheet
Time Commitment: A semester commitment preferred, but we will also welcome those who cannot make a long-term commitment of 10 Thursdays per semester.
Christian Education dates:
- Wednesdays, February 1, 2017 -> April 13, 2017
- No program week of March 12, 2017 (Spring Break)
- Christian of any denomination
- Enjoy working with children
- Comfortable answering children’s religious questions
- Meet with Director Of Children’s Programs to discuss roles and responsibilities
- Complete Safeguarding God’s Children on-line class (2 hrs.) within 2 weeks of receiving log-in information