Click here to sign up on SignUpGenius for bus #606 Steve
Click here to sign up on SignUpGenius for bus #609 Jimmy
Volunteer Position: Bus/Van Rider
Purpose: To ensure all are aboard the bus, maintain safety in the bus/van, and allow driver to focus on driving.
1) Both buses/van will depart from Grace Mission at 2:40pm and will arrive at The Episcopal University Center at FSU, 655 W. Jefferson St.
2) Bus 609 departs again at 3:30pm to pick up Griffin Middle School students and returns to Grace Mission by 4:30 after dropping them off at The Episcopal University Center (EUC) at FSU.
3) Buses will depart Grace Mission at 5:45pm and arrive at The Episcopal University Center at 6:00pm to pick up children to take them home.
Schedule: Need 1 rider for each bus for 2:30 and 6:00 rides. Need 1 rider for bus 609 at 3:30.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays:
- 2:40pm – From Grace Mission to pick up students at Riley Elementary and arrive at The Episcopal University Center at FSU, 655 W. Jefferson St. at 3:15
- 3:30 – From Grace MIssion to pick up Griffin Middle School students and drop them at The EUC. Bus returns to Grace Mission at about 4:20pm.
- 5:45 – 7:00pm or 7:30pm (each bus has seperate schedules) From Episcopal University Center at FSU, 655. W. Jefferson St. to Springfield Apartments to take children home - ending at Grace Mission.
- MUST be on time (2:30, 3:30 or 6:00pm) for designated departure
- Sit with children and engage with them as much as possible
- Monitor/remind passengers of the rules:
- All passengers must put and keep on their seat belt
- Passengers are to stay seated at all times
- Passengers use inside voice so driver can hear horns, sirens, etc.
- No food, drinks, candy, or gum allowed, except water
- No trash talk, bad language, or bullying allowed
- Rider will do a head count at pick up. Next rider will count to ensure all are on board for return trip
- Put phone on silent. This is not the time for texting or talking on phone.
- Rider will periodically help the driver check turn signals and lights before leaving Grace Mission to ensure everything is working properly.
- Rider may need to help driver when backing the bus/van by directing driver from outside the vehicle
- Upon return to Grace Mission, rider will check all windows to ensure they are tightly closed
- Sign in and out in our Volunteer Sign In Book
Time Commitment: Can sign up for 1 trip or multiple trips/dates on SignUpGenius. You will be sent a detailed list of Role and Responsibilities of Riders once you sign up.
- Must be age 18 or older
- Enjoy working with children
- Complete Safeguarding God's Children online class (2 hours) within 2 week so receiving login informatino